Eyes on Asia Travel Photography Getaway Chiang Mai 2011- October 26th-30th
May 30th, 2011
Join us for five exciting days of travel and photography in Thailand’s north. This colourful region will be our life-size studio and playground.
We will visit an elephant camp, explore the city of Chiang Mai, have an intimate look at muay thai and get blown away by the spectacular Yi Peng festival.
Recipient of the “Image of the Year Award”, (AMERICAN PHOTO) and a winner at the “Travel Photographer of The Year Awards” 2008,
Felix Hug and his producer Jamie Boyd put together five days of travel and photography in and around Chiang Mai.
This Getaway is tailored for passionate travellers using any digital camera and who would like to improve their photography, while out and about.
Please bring your camera (8MP and above preferred) and your laptop (if you have one).
Day 1: Arrival on SilkAir 8.50 AM flight check in and lunch. Afternoon shoot at a Thai boxing gym.
Day 2: Morning shoot at an elephant camp and in the afternoon we visit a tribal village.
Day 3: Temples of Chiang Mai. Afternoon free and easy to explore the town. Critique and Image review from our tutors. Felix and James
Day 4: Morning at the market. Afternoon and evening we will visit the amazing Yi Peng lantern festival.
Day 5: Morning visit of umbrella making and handicrafts. Early afternoon projections of the best images. Departure on 6 PM flight.
2080 SGD per pax (Twin Share, Couples) or 2450 SGD per pax (Single)
Repeater discount: 150 SGD
includes (limited to 14 photographers and min 8 participants):
* return flights from Singapore to Chiang Mai with Silk Air
(For travelers joining us directly in Chiang Mai: Please deduct 500 SGD)
* Transport on location by minivan and car
* Bed and breakfast accommodation in the heart of Chiang Mai @ U-Chiang Mai; www.uhotelsresorts.com
* Receive a free copy of a high-quality photography book featuring the best images taken during the Getaway
* All fees for speakers and instructors
* Handouts from SilkAir and Canon as well as some Canon cameras and lenses to try
* The course language is english, but we also speak German & Mandarin
Note: Travel insurance is not included and must be arranged by participants separately.
Reserve your spot for an unforgettable trip. Deadline for participation: 31th of August ‘11.